I have never wanted summer break more this year compared to any other year!
Like many other educators around the country, this past school year has stretched me emotionally, academically, and physically. Late nights were filled with grading papers, checking emails, flipping lesson plans, developing additional online lessons, learning new technologies, and attending professional development. Every day something new was required or restricted. Countless quarantines for students and staff and not to mention modified days. All of this combined made the year extremely hectic and disjointed. Summer break couldn’t come fast enough!
For us, this Summer will be a time for resetting and preparing for the next school year. However, knowing that many districts will offer summer school opportunities doesn’t dismiss the fact that when students return to school in the fall, they will need additional resources to fill their learning gaps. Stakeholders can offer their support by providing professional development that will supplement the tools already in our teaching toolkits. Using the acronym RESET will simply help the teacher’s’s summer needs regarding professional development.
Educational credits offered
Templates or digital downloads
Why is this Summer RESET important?
- Recorded sessions are a great way to meet time zone differences and various time options to meet our schedules. Many teachers don’t check their email as frequently as they do during the school year. By offering a recorded session, teachers don’t feel they have “missed” the session.
- We need encouragement. This year has been rough; we need tools to help us to keep going!
- Online events with special guests can attract more educators to attend sessions. Also, discounts and incentives are appreciated. By August, many teacher budgets are a bit tight.
- Offer continuing education or professional development credits. Every state and district has different requirements, but this option shows you appreciate our valuable time.
- Ready to use lessons or ideas that are easy to implement and are a much-needed timesaver! Remember, teachers are gathering materials now for next year. Templates and digital downloads are beneficial. Having them compatible with Google products is even better!
With the new school year on the horizon this summer, teachers will need to reset by enjoying their time in the sun and finding ways to improve their teaching through professional development. These opportunities will help us to be prepared for the coming school year with the hope that it will be somewhat “normal.”
At Agile, we help edtech companies connect with educators. Learn more about how our tools and resources can help you gain the insights needed to identify and connect with educators and get in touch with our experts today.