Improve the quality of your MQLs, don’t just increase the quantity.
Quantity and quality both play leading roles in effective education marketing.
Your organization needs a large enough pool of prospects to align with your sales goals. At the same time, these leads must be of a certain quality, ensuring your outreach can connect with education professionals in relevant positions.
When the pool of marketing qualified leads (MQLs) reaches the right size and your company has confidence in the accuracy of critical data related to them, digital marketing becomes more effective. Efforts to communicate with and educate prospects on the value of your solutions are more likely to provide positive results. In turn, your marketing department can pass these active and interested prospects to your sales team.
How is digital marketing for edtech companies different from digital marketing for other businesses?
Education marketing is a highly specialized industry. It focuses on a large and constantly changing yet well-defined group of potential prospects: education professionals such as teachers, administrators and others who build careers in this space. Fine-tuning your digital outreach efforts is crucial for developing marketing qualified leads.
Digital marketing within the edtech field must identify prospects who teach classes and lead schools or districts who can benefit from the solutions you offer. In some cases, this can simply mean gathering accurate and current contact information and basic enrollment details for principals in a specific region or across the country. In others, it can be a much more detailed process of identifying teachers who lead specific classes. Having access to accurate contact data and student enrollment details can mean the difference between a marketing campaign’s success and failure.
Do your education marketing strategies need a refresh?
Education marketing is constantly evolving, just like the discipline of marketing as a whole. Tools for sophisticated audience targeting that only existed on wish lists a decade ago are now in development or already in widespread use.
Refreshing your education marketing strategy might entail finding a stronger and more stable balance between the quality and quantity of your MQLs. Increasing the raw number of prospects by itself can be valuable to an extent, but only if these leads are relevant and actionable. With all of the solutions available to today’s education marketers, increasing both quantity and quality is entirely possible – and is already a strategy leveraged by leaders in the education marketing industry.
Improvements in marketing effectiveness often come with better targeting of prospects, which involves increasing both the number and quality of MQLs. Some specific advantages include:
Increasing metrics on a year-over-year basis
- Tracking the performance and attribution of messaging with specific prospects, to understand the approach that works best for those MQLs.
Improving campaign performance
- Analyzing campaign results by segment and role against message and channel to optimize your marketing workflows.
Improving audience engagement
- Identifying where conversions come from based on market, district type and other distinguishing factors to better tailor marketing messages.
How can we help you build your education marketing efforts?
At Agile, we pride ourselves on supporting the educational marketing efforts of all of our clients. We lead the way with meticulously updated data for schools and education professionals of all types, from those working in elementary schools to institutes of higher education. When you leverage Agile data to fuel your marketing campaigns, you can count on continued accuracy, relevance and usefulness.
Dependable data is the foundation of many digital marketing efforts and especially important for connecting with the right education professionals at the right time, but it’s only part of the bigger picture. We recognize the many needs of today’s education marketers and provide relevant services and support that provide additional benefits to outreach efforts. Beyond supplying valuable data, we also offer:
- Market intelligence, from pre-K through college as well as public libraries. Your organization can benefit from data tied to institutions as a whole, personnel – within and outside of their professional roles – school performance and program data, and much more. Our Prospector tool helps you build the perfect list for targeted outreach.
- Data integration, featuring on-demand access for and updates to licensed data as well as support for marketing automation and CRM platforms.
- Data services, including custom data analysis along with data hygiene and enhancement.
- Optimized engagement, spanning social media, email and direct mail.
Improving the quality of your MQLs and overall digital marketing plan is crucial for continued success in the unique and fast-paced world of education marketing. To learn more about how Agile can offer critical support across the spectrum of education marketing, get in touch with us today.
Improve campaign effectiveness with better targeting
Increasing metrics YoY
- Know exactly which messages work with which target
- Track performance and attribution
Improving Campaign Performance
- Analyze performance by segment & role against message & channel to optimize programs.
Improving audience engagement
- Know the conversations happening by market, district type, etc. and tailor messages accordingly